Surface combatants, submarines and their equipment
- The GOWIND® 2500 represents a new generation of multi-mission corvettes, robust and well equipped, both in terms of electronics, weapons and projection capacities. Integrating DCNS SETIS® Combat Management System, she has a comprehensive Combat System for full-scale multi-threat missions, including a complete Anti-Submarine Warfare, Anti-Air Warfare, and Anti- Surface Warfare suites. GOWIND® 2500 has already enjoyed a significant commercial success as 10 units were sold in 2013 and 2014 for the Malaysian Navy and the Egyptian Navy.
- Regarding the FREMM multimission frigate, she combines the latest technologies developed by DCNS, being the most advanced ship in her class worldwide. On 19 May 2015, DCNS achieved a world premiere in Europe in successfully launching from a surface ship, the first-of-class FREMM Aquitaine, the first Naval Cruise Missile (NCM). The NCM can strike distant land targets with very high precision, thanks to its guidance system, reducing the risk of collateral damage. France’s total order is eight vessels with a delivery scheduled by 2022. In addition, one FREMM frigate has been delivered to the Royal Moroccan Navy and one to the Arab Republic of Egypt in June 2015, simultaneously with a five-year through-life support contract.
- Two MISTRAL-class LHDs were delivered in 2016 to the Arab Republic of Egypt, including multi- annual through-life support.
- The MU90 lightweight torpedo is the sole new lightweight torpedo in the world. Designed and built with the most advanced technologies, the MU90 torpedo is capable to counter any type of submarine even acoustically coated, deep diving, fast evasive, deploying anti-torpedo effectors or bottomed in littoral areas.
- The F21 heavyweight torpedo is being developed in response to new and emerging operational challenges to offer the host submarine unrivalled dominance. The F21 has been selected for the next-generation Barracuda-type SSN fleet.
- DCNS offers CANTO® for submarines and surface ships, the latest anti-torpedo based on confusion/dilution principle.
- SCORPENE® class submarines, already chosen by the Chilean, Royal Malaysian, Indian and Brazilian Navies, represent the state-of-the-art in submarine design and construction. Its new generation Fuel Cell Air Independent Propulsion allows ability to operate underwater for several weeks in safety and exceptional acoustic discretion.
- DCNS showcases its new submarine concept-ship tailored to the needs of Generation Z. SMX®3.0 embarks 3.0 technologies, better power management, unequalled operational performance and system upgradeability facilitating vessel maintenance.
- Last but not least, DCNS offers a wide range of support services during the entire lifecycle of both surface ships and submarines. These services stretch from the simplest order of spare parts to the through-life support of complete fleet. On top of current support operations, DCNS can carry out modernisation and life extension programmes to maintain fleet availability at optimal cost. In Saudi Arabia, DCNS has a thirty-year presence and is now working on three programmes improving the Saudi fleet’s availability through its subsidiary based in the Kingdom.
- DCNS also offers a complete set of courses and solutions designed to train all levels of naval and industrial personnel, from the start of a project through decommissioning and/or dismantling. Finally, DCNS proposes services in naval bases and shipyards from the Design, Engineering, Construction, and Operation to the maintenance of these infrastructures. This global offer is designed to help navies to maintain and expand their self-sufficiency within technology transfer programmes.
Press Contact Marion Bonnet +33 (0)1 40 59 53 50 +33 (0)6 07 85 96 16 email@example.com Emmanuel Gaudez + 33 (0)1 40 59 55 69 + 33 (0)6 61 97 36 63 firstname.lastname@example.org