NAVIRIS Ollioules- Studies Work Package Manager - M/F
Naval Group is one of the international players in naval defence. For over 400 years, we have been pushing the boundaries to build the naval industry of tomorrow. Our 17,000 employees, in France and abroad, are passionate about sharing their unique know-how to imagine, design, built and maintain exceptional products and systems, such as submarines, aircraft carriers or combat frigates.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are synonymous with richness and performance. We wish to integrate a real diversity of profiles: women and men, with a social mix and a diversity of training, generations, origins, skills and talents, but also of life paths.
Our jobs are evolving, as are our employees. We are committed to the professional development of our employees through continuous training. Our employees develop their career paths according to their desires and in accordance with the needs of the group.
Specialization/Job :Programmes - Program Work Package Manager (WPM)
Job detail :NAVIRIS Ollioules- Studies Work Package Manager - M/F
NAVIRIS is looking for a Studies Work Package Manager M/F for its
Engineering Department in Ollioules.
NAVIRIS is a Joint-Venture between Fincantieri and Naval Group.
With its headquarters in Genoa and offices in Ollioules, the NAVIRIS team focuses on bilateral, European and export projects.
This collaboration is the natural outcome of the long-standing partnership between two world leaders. With over twenty years of collaboration, Naval Group and
Fincantieri have already overcome various milestones together: as early as the 1990s on the Horizon program which concerned air defence warships (four ships) and since 2005 on the multi-mission frigate (FREMM) program (twenty ships).
NAVIRIS aims to create value for its customers in the following key areas:
• Joint research and development projects
• Worldwide supply capacity
• Project Management and Design Authority
• Optimised procurement
The desired Studies WPM M/F is required to be an experienced engineer with a strong understanding of complex project design logic and with experience in the main areas of whole warship design and development, in order to:
- Help draw up offers in their field, in particular by estimating the costs of Naviris’s engineering activities, in conjunction with the other company stakeholders,
- Prepare the conditions to effectively carry out studies from the start of the programs, and oversee the non-technical management of design activities during the contract. A successful experience in managing multi-disciplinary studies in an international cooperation setting is required.
- Ensure that studies carried out by Naviris are conducted in accordance with Quality, Cost and Deadline objectives outlined in the program.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Naviris’s engineering performance through appropriate organisation and IT support.
- Assist the engineering team by creating review reports and by monitoring all actions that concern them.
The holder of the M/F position is tasked with monitoring study expenses for the projects he/she manages. He/she will control the parameters essential to the completion of the studies, i.e. deadlines and study costs.
He/she will also have to personally monitor team progress and prepare the appropriate reports for the studies that he/she manages.
Assignments are not exhaustive and may change over time.
Naval Group is committed to the development of its employees, whether in the technical, management or project management field. Being a Naval Group employee means having the opportunity to experience a career that is in line with your desires and the group’s needs.
• You have a Master’s degree in Engineering, with at least 8 years of experience as a Studies Manager on complex products.
A qualification or specialisation in a cross-functional field such as complex systems engineering is a plus.
• You have a strong understanding of whole warships, their functional and physical breakdown structure, system platforms and the combat system.
• Professional proficiency in English is required (speaking, writing and reading). Knowledge of Italian is a plus in Naviris’s specific bi-national context.
• Proven skills in leadership, listening and understanding are required in order to manage, on a given project, Studies activities carried out by Naviris personnel, representatives of Naval Group and Fincantieri, and partners;
• You know how to integrate subcontracted studies within the activities and how to work in a multinational context. You will occasionally be required to travel in Europe as part of the position.
Moreover, you are able to carry out tasks relating to complex development logic, either on your own or as part of workshops (Operational development drawings, Master schedule, Management plans, etc.).
In order to do so, you have in-depth knowledge on the requirements of recognised standards and development processes such as ISO 15288 or Mil-Std 499, which are adapted to industrial settings such as Naval engineering.
Finally, you are familiar with the IT tools allowing to improve productivity and studies quality (Macros, Document pro formats, Monitoring charts for studies and adapted indicators, study schedules, breakdown structure for document storage and study data, etc.).
Naval Group is convinced that diversity is an advantage for the company and an asset for its performance. This is why we support gender equality and promote professional integration, access and retention in the employment of people with disabilities.
Experience :5+ years
Education level :5 - Not applicable
Studies domains :
- Industrial engineering/Process/Industrialisation
- English Fluent
Contract start date :12/14/2021
Number of jobs :1
Professionnal category :Engineers and Executives
Geographical implantation :
- Provence-Cote d'Azur,
Company :NAVIRIS FRANCE
Publication date :01/24/2023