DCNS will participate in Gulf Defense & Aerospace Exhibition 2015 in Kuwait City (Kuwait) which will be held from 8th to 10th December 2015. DCNS is a world leader in naval defence and an innovator in energy. As a naval prime contractor, shipbuilder and systems provider and integrator, DCNS combines resources and expertise spanning the naval defence value chain and entire system lifecycles. DCNS delivers innovative solutions from integrated warships to strategic systems, equipment and services.
DCNS has a commitment to its customers to stand by them and be a strategic solutions provider. Based on a long term partnerships experience, the Group is determined to contribute to its customers’ self-reliance and sovereignty in the Middle East.
The DCNS stand showcases its state-of-the-art products and solutions.
- The GOWIND® Family from GOWIND® 1000 to GOWIND® 2500 represents a new generation of multi-mission corvettes, robust and well equipped, both in terms of electronics, weapons and projection capacities. Integrating DCNS SETIS® Combat Management System, she has a comprehensive Combat System for full-scale multi-threat missions, including a complete Anti-Submarine Warfare, Anti-Air Warfare, and Anti-Surface Warfare suites. GOWIND® 2500 has already enjoyed a significant commercial success as 10 units were sold in 2013 and 2014 for the Malaysian Navy and the Egyptian Navy.
- DCNS POLARIS® Combat System is designed to fulfil Navies and Coast Guards’ needs for surveillance, littoral zone protection and Economical Exclusive Zone protection missions. Able to detect and identify at an early stage potential threats, it offers scalable functionalities and full capability to work in close cooperation with all the involved units, either ships or shore based centres.
- Regarding the FREMM multimission frigate, she combines the latest technologies developed by DCNS, being the most advanced ship in her class worldwide. On 19th May 2015, DCNS achieved a world premiere in Europe in successfully launching from a surface ship, the first-of-class FREMM Aquitaine, the first Naval Cruise Missile (NCM). The NCM can strike distant land targets with very high precision, thanks to its guidance system, reducing the risk of collateral damage. France’s total order is ten vessels with a delivery scheduled by 2023. In addition, one FREMM frigate has been delivered to the Royal Moroccan Navy and one to the Arab Republic of Egypt in June 2015, simultaneously with a five-year through-life support contract.
Additionally, a contract has been signed more recently with the Arab Republic of Egypt for the delivery of two MISTRAL-class LHD including multi-annual through-life support.
- CANTO® represents a breakthrough in the field of torpedo defence. It is designed to protect any platform, submarine or surface, against the most advanced torpedoes and the previous generation of torpedoes as well. Unlike the classical decoys aiming at seducing the attacking torpedo by recognizing its acoustic signal and reproducing one false target, CANTO® is based on dilution/confusion principle. CANTO® countermeasure acts completely independently of the torpedo threats thus offering a protection against numerous simultaneous torpedo attacks even in case of unknown torpedo threats.
- The MU90 lightweight torpedo is the sole new lightweight torpedo in the world. Designed and built with the most advanced technologies, the MU90 torpedo is capable to counter any type of submarine even acoustically coated, deep diving, fast evasive, deploying anti-torpedo effectors or bottomed in littoral areas.
- Last but not least, DCNS offers a wide range of support services during the entire lifecycle of both surface ships and submarines. These services stretch from the simplest order of spare parts to the through-life support of complete fleet. On top of current support operations, DCNS can carry out modernisation and life extension programmes to maintain fleet availability at optimal cost. In Saudi Arabia, DCNS has a thirty-year presence and is now working on three programmes improving the Saudi fleet’s availability through its subsidiary based in the Kingdom.
- DCNS also offers a complete set of courses and solutions designed to train all levels of naval and industrial personnel, from the start of a project through decommissioning and/or dismantling. Finally, DCNS proposes services in naval bases and shipyards from the Design, Engineering, Construction, and Operation to the maintenance of these infrastructures. This global offer is designed to help navies to maintain and expand their self-sufficiency within technology transfer programmes.
+ 33 (0)1 40 59 55 69
+ 33 (0)6 61 97 36 63